The Quality Control Laboratory Ltd based in East London is committed to providing the high quality and efficient service on each of our projects, no matter the size. Our experienced and professional staff will meet this aim by applying the latest technologies and sound business practices to provide effective assistance to all of our clients. With a results oriented approach, we make every effort to provide our clients with affordable solutions to meet specific project needs. For over forty years, we have had the opportunity of working with some of the largest and most respected firms and has provided services to both the private and public sector.
The following instruments can be serviced:
- Brookfield Visometers
- Dial Models, all Models including Cone & Plate
- Digital Models, all Models including Cone & Plate
- DV111 Rheometer
- VT1 Viscothinner
- KU1 Viscometer
- CAP 1000/2000
- Models; RV8, LV8, ERV8, ELV8, T.C.U.’s
- Gel Testers
- ICI Cone & Plate
- All types of Flow Cups: Ford, ISO
QC Labs are able to supply a wide variety of Quality Control Laboratory equipment at extremely competitive prices. For instance we offer substantial discounts on Brookfield products, which makes us cheaper than even buying directly from Brookfield. To see our full range that we stock, please see our catalogue. If you have any questions, advice, or wish to place an order, do not hesitate to contact us.
To keep up with our latest news, viscometer reviews and guides, please follow our blog here.
Viscometers are precise instruments used to measure the viscosity (resistance of a fluid against shear or tensile stress) and flow of a fluid. However, it is worth noting that viscometers can only measure under one flow condition (ie. shear OR tensile). They are most commonly used in the quality control (QC) industry, where both Viscometers and Rheometers (a type of viscometer for measuring fluids with a higher viscosity - sometimes also known as plastometers) are used to measure anything from the viscosity of a new medicine to the viscosity of paint.
One of the main and most well renowned manufacturers of viscometers are Brookfield Engineering. Here at QC Labs, we specialise in Brookfield Viscometers, and can offer great discounts on the RRP. Our aim is to bring you the highest quality viscometers at the best price - Brookfield themselves won't even go to our prices!
To find out more about the viscometers we offer click here, or to jump to a specific viscometer see the list below:
- DVE Brookfield Viscometer
- DV-I Brookfield Viscometer
- DV-II Pro Brookfield Viscometer
- KU-2 Brookfield Viscometer
- Dial Reading Viscometer
We also offer a number of other viscometers, and more on request. So for more information or a quote, please contact us.
Choosing the right viscometer
The following is a brief guide to the types of viscometers, so as to help you make the right choice. More detailed information can be found throughout the site, and links will be provided to the additional information.
There are number of manufacturers of viscometers. The most renowned and popular is Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, however, there are a number of others, including:
- Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Ltd.
- CANNON Instrument Company
- Anton Paar
- ATS RheoSystems
- Lemis Process
- UIC, Inc.
- Lamy Rheology
- A&D Weighing Inc
- Cambridge Viscosity, Inc
- Kinematica, Inc.
- Lauda Dr. R. Wobser GmbH & Co., KG
Types of Viscometers
Ubbelohde Viscometer (U-Tube Viscometers)
Also know as glass viscometers (or glass capillary viscometers), U-Tube viscometers are made up of a U-shaped glass tube that is held vertically in a temperature controlled bath. A similar viscometer is the 'Falling Sphere Viscometer', which is similar to the U-Tube version, but based around Stokes' Law.
The popular rotational viscometer, uses the mechanical force of the torque required to turn an object in the fluid. There are two main types of the rotational viscometer, the 'Cup and Bob' and the 'Cone and Plate'.
Based on the Bendix instrument of the early 1950's, the 'Vibrational Viscometer' operates by measuring the damping of an oscillating electromechanical resonator immersed in a fluid.
Falling Piston Viscometer
Oscillating Piston Viscometer
Popular Viscometer Models
Despite there being such a large range of viscometers on the market, there are a number that are very common and can be found in most Quality Control Laboratories. Some of the most popular include:
- Dial Reading Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- DV-E Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- DV-I Prime Continuous Sensing Digital Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- DV-II+ PRO Digital Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- DV-II+ Pro EXTRA Digital Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Falling Ball Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- High Shear CAP-1000+ Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- High Shear CAP-2000+ Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- KU-2 Viscometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Viscometer/Rheometer - Brookfield Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- CAV 2000 Series Automatic Viscometers - CANNON Instrument Company
- CMRV-4500 Mini-Rotary Viscometer - CANNON Instrument Company
- CMRV-5000 Mini-Rotary Viscometer - CANNON Instrument Company
- Digital Paddle Viscometers - CANNON Instrument Company
- Model 2020 Rotary Viscometer - CANNON Instrument Company
- SimpleVIS Viscometer - CANNON Instrument Company
- LOVIS 2000 M/ME Rolling-ball Viscometer - Anton Paar
- SVM 3000 Stabinger Viscometer - Anton Paar
- BLACK PEARL Viscometer - ATS RheoSystems
- Bohlin Visco 2000 Viscometer - Malvern
- Bohlin Visco 88 Viscometer - Malvern
- Semi-Automatic Kinematic Viscosity Systems - UIC, Inc.
- SV-A Series Viscometers - A&D Weighing Inc
- SV10-100 Series Viscometers - A&D Weighing Inc
For more information on any viscometer, or for a no obligation quote, please contact us.
Viscometer Calibration and Servicing
It is very important with viscometers to make sure they are calibrated correctly in order to achieve accurate results. Similarly with servicing, it is important to make sure your viscometer is regularly serviced, to maintain these accurate results. For more information of services and calibration, see the links below:
QC labs also offer calibration and servicing on all viscometers. For more information, please get in touch.